Saturday, January 31, 2015

Did I? Did I?

I decided to close the store for a day after the burglary, just to settle a bit. Plus, it was a dark, cloudy day, and on these days I really enjoyed going for walks.  

I left my apartment to go for my daily walk. I made it all the way down to the lobby before thoughts started racing through my head, “Did I lock the door? Did I lock the door? Did I lock the door? Did I lock the door?” These are the intrusive thoughts that I sometimes have to face with OCD. I tired to continue, to make it to the park. I knew I needed to go for a long walk. Yet, still, I was thinking “Did I lock the door 2 times, 6 time, none at all?” 

At the park, there was a bonfire going, and maybe 10 people there. They all seemed pretty calm, when all I could think was, “I locked the door, right? Or did I forget to lock the door? Shit I can’t remember!” The fire only reminded me of the fact that I may have not turned off the stove. I was now wondering if my apartment was going to catch on fire. "Did I turn off the stove?" I had to get out of the park. I had to. All while I was wondering and obsessing over my apartment, some woman was talking to me about some restaurant. I honestly couldn’t hear a word she was saying cause all I could hear was, “Is the door locked and is the stove off? Is the door locked and is the stove off?” She probably thought I was crazy. I was just a girl standing, shaking, and muttering to myself. I could care less though, because all I wondered is if I would go home and fine the room a mess. I really can’t take another ruined home. Once is enough for a lifetime. Please God, please tell me I locked the door, turned off the stove, and have a spotless, clean room… 

No comments:

Post a Comment