Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Branching Out

I branched out today. My therapist, which I see about once a week, to help with my OCD, says I need to go outside my bubble, my comfort zone. Psh, I think I am fine, but whatever, I guess I will try. The therapist, Dr. Wood, says that to help with my compulsive disorder, I should have someone else help me in my cupcake store, so I decide to hire someone to wash the dishes. So, there I go, trying to be a good patient. I hang up a rusty, black and red, “Help Wanted” sign in front of my shop. I hired Troy two hours later and he never stops talking about poetry. Ever.

Also, just to show off my progress, at my therapist office, I was in the waiting room, and this guy was whispering to himself, so I decided to start a conversation. We talked for about 10 minutes. I learned three things about him. His name is Clive Buccatti, he visits a shrink a lot, and he was in a comma for 10 years. Man, I am becoming a full blown tree, branching out so much! The coolest thing was, that Clive also branched out. He carried out a conversation with me about an upcoming meteor shower happening and that I should check it out. Finally, before leaving the building, Clive said his shrink suggested that he visited a public place, so he said he might come buy cupcakes later, but who knows if he will actually come. I guess I will just wait and see. 

Back at the shop, it felt like a sauna. It was an unseasonably warm day, and the warmth was just leaking into the store. I trudged on anyway though. I baked 6 dozen red velvet cupcakes, with 44 waffle cone crumbs on each. I waited for customers to come, while hearing the background noise of Troy washing dishes. Hopefully a customer, or actually an even number of customers, will come soon, maybe even Clive. 

1 comment: